Thursday, May 21, 2009

Families Are Forever

Today I was privileged and honored to be invited to a very special event in the Provo Temple.

Katelyn Marie Thelma Mikolasy was sealed to her mother Patsy and her step-father Bruce. President Merrill J. Bateman officiated.

The ceremony was brief, but beautiful and the Spirit was so strong. I don't think there was a dry eye in the room.

When Patsy invited me, yesterday, to be present as she was sealed for Time and All Eternity to her beautiful daughter I was so touched that I cried for about half an hour. My feelings have been tender all day in anticipation of the creation of this powerful and eternal family link.

I am so grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ and the restoration of the Gospel that makes this amazing blessing possible. I love the Temple and the ordinences that bless us so greatly.

It is always an amazing thing to watch the power of the priesthood as an eternal family is created. Be it joining a man and woman together in a marriage, sealing a previously civilly married couple, sealing an adopted child to the parents, or in this case a proxy joining of deceased member to other family members I love, love, love the feeling and promise of this sacred ordinance.

I have been present at several marriage sealings, for some of my siblings and cousins.

I was also privilaged to be present as Shawna and her husband had their youngest daughter, whom they adopted sealed to them which in turn also sealed her to their other four children.

I have participated in proxy sealings as a wife and as a daughter.

Every sealing ordinance is wonderful and special. But some are especially poingant.

The sealing of Katelyn to Patsy and Bruce was one of those poingant sealings. I know that she is as happy as we all are that she is now eternally linked to her wonderful mother and family.

0 comments: