Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Please Don't Call Me Grandma!

Remember I promised this was not going to be a blog only about death? Now I am proving that by posting about life!

A new life to be exact. My beautiful daughter just found out that her baby, due in October is a boy! She texted me and said "It is a little Robbie" this is exciting news.

I am eager to start the adventure of having a grandchild. I just am not too sure about accepting the title of "grandmother," that word just feels so old to me and I do not feel old enough to fit the paradigm I have of that word.

I have decided that "Nana Lisa" is the title I would like to have. I am excited to start gearing up to love another amazing little life and be as involved with him as Shanna(h) would like me to be. I already bought a fun little gift for him.

Thinking about it, the process of prenancy is amazing! To grow from two almost microscopic cells to a fully formed and viable human being in just nine short months is absolutely miraculous! To be a woman and have the ability to grow a life inside of you is so amazing.

I eagerly await seeing this amazing life that is my first grandchild enter the world in a few months and then see him grow and learn and pass all the milestones babies all reach.

I know that Nick and Shanna(h) are going to be amazing parents. Shanna(h) was born to be a mother. I love her and know she will be awesome as Robbie's mommy!

0 comments: